GPS is known as the acronym “Global Positioning System” which in abbreviationfinder.org means “global positioning system”. The GPS is a navigation system based on 24 satellites (21 operational and 3 backup), in orbit on the planet earth that sends information about the position of a person or object at any time and weather conditions.
The GPS was created, installed and used in 1973 by the Department of Defense of the United States, at the beginning it was of unique and exclusive use for military operations but from the 80s the United States government allowed society civil enjoy this navigation system. GPS can be used on ships, trucks, airplanes, cars, among others. On the other hand, the GPS was designed with the objective that the user obtains knowledge about his position, information of the direction to which he is going, speed, approximate time of arrival, among other data. Some offer voice guidance, to instruct the driver on the movements he must perform to follow the correct direction, alternative routes, speed limitations, among others.
Now, to determine the position of an object, person or address, the GPS calculates the value of longitude, in reference to the Greenwich Meridian, the value of latitude and, finally, the value of altitude. To locate a point, at least four satellites are essential, and the GPS receiver receives the signals and time of each of them, and through the triangulation calculates the position where it is located. There are currently two types of satellite navigation systems: American GPS and the GLONASS controlled by the Russian Government. Also, the European Union tries to launch a satellite navigation system called Galileo.
A compass is an orientation instrument, which allows the traveler to be spatially located relative to the magnetic north by means of a magnetized needle. Based on Digopaul.com, it is a fundamental instrument for sailors, hikers, pilots, hunters, explorers, etc. The first compass arose in China. It was used primarily as a navigation instrument that allowed overseas travelers to orient themselves in space and define the path to follow, but it was not infallible. Over time, other compass systems were developed.
Parts of a compass
There are different types of compasses. All of them share basically three fundamental elements: a base with a ruler and a reference arrow; a limbo or graduated disc that rotates on its own axis and a magnetized needle pointing north.
Today there are many varieties of compass available, as the systems have been perfected with the advancement of technology. Within the basic range of compasses, the following can be mentioned:
The magnetic compass, the oldest of all, allows orientation through the magnetized needle system that points towards the magnetic north pole of the earth, that is, from the identification of the Earth’s magnetic field.
The gyroscopic compass or gyro always looks to the geographical north and not to the magnetic one, since it uses a set of rings and a disk aligned according to a rotation axis, the inner and outer axis, which are perpendicular to each other. Other types of compasses can be the limbo compass, lentistic compass, cartographic compass, electronic compass and mobile phone compass. The latter depends on the availability of the network at the site of the scan, so it may be unsafe.
- What is the Definition of Profit Carried Forward? - When you as an entrepreneur profits , they must then be distributed by you. This can be done in the form of a dividend distribution, in the form of reserves or to finance other expenses. If the capital is left over after the profits have been used, you can take this with you into the […]
- What is the Definition of Additional Meal Expenses? - Introduction: What is additional meal expenses? Anyone who does an external job for professional reasons, i.e. who is away for one or more days due to their job, can usually not get meals as cheaply as at home. Rather, business travelers are often reliant on restaurants, snack bars, catering options in their accommodations, etc. In […]
- What is the Definition of Personnel Costs? Part 2 - Important! In order to be able to determine your personnel costs and your personnel cost indicators precisely, you are of course also dependent on reliable and accurate recording of the working hours of your employees. The recording of working hours only in good faith without fixed documentation is not very helpful here. That’s why you […]
- What is the Definition of Personnel Costs? - In many types of companies, employees are required in order to be able to survive successfully in the market. It is not for nothing that it is often said that employees are the most important asset of a company. But employees also cost money. For this reason, personnel costs arise, which are one of the […]
- What is the Definition of Annual Surplus? - At the end of a financial year , the company draws up annual financial statements , and the company’s earnings are determined. This result can be positive or negative, a positive result is a profit, which is called net income. There is an annual surplus when the income is higher than the expenditure. Definition of […]
- What is the Definition of Disclosure Requirement? - As an entrepreneur, you are certainly proud of your economic success. You can too, because you’ve invested a lot in it. But despite all the pride, many entrepreneurs like you are not particularly interested in disclosing as little information as possible. But depending on which legal form you have chosen for your company, there is […]
- What is the Definition of Certificate of Entry? - If you want to deliver goods to other EU countries, you have to adhere to certain proof requirements with regard to the tax exemption. In general, deliveries outside of the European Union are exempt from sales tax. However, only if certain requirements are met and the entrepreneur submits a certificate of entry to the tax […]
- What is the Definition of Book Value? - The term “book value” can be used in a wide variety of economic contexts. Be it on the topic of stock trading or company valuations. In this post we look at the various aspects and show you the importance of book value for your entrepreneurship. What is a book value? In the corporate sense, the […]
- What is the Definition of NPS? - Very few companies can survive on the market in the long term if they are only designed for quick turnover. In today’s world, factors such as customer satisfaction and customer loyalty play an important role in the success of a company. It is therefore extremely important to keep these two factors in mind. In order […]
- What is the Definition of Red Pirate Fish? - When you hear the name “pirate fish”, it makes many people shudder. The pirate fish is subject to a lot of mystery, and there are several stories about the small fish’s deadly instincts towards animals but also towards humans. A pirate fish is able to peel the meat of an animal in just a few minutes. However, it […]